Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cooking with Mommy and Phone Time with Daddy


I've really been in the mood to do some blogging lately. And I'm really enjoying the different text colors (hehe!).


Tonight I decided to do some creative cooking. Jeremy always brags about me being a good cook. I can transform pretty much anything into a meal. I guess that's the one good quality I got from my dad. I haven't really cooked since I was a few months pregnant because it made me sick, but cooking is my relaxation. I LOVE it! One of Jeremy's favorite dishes is taco soup, which is wonderful. But I have made it twice in the past month, so I wanted to try something a little different. So I took a few of the same ingredients and developed these delicious stuffed green peppers (hence the green font). The best part was having Aubree in the Kitchen with me. She was in that mood she gets in where I have to be in the same room as her (this usually happens between 5 and 7 each night). Even if Jeremy is there with her, she just wants to be able to see me. So I put her in her bouncer and put her in the kitchen with me and she watched me cook. Soon she'll be helping me cook... cracking the eggs and mixing things together... but for now she'll just listen to me explain what I'm doing. She seems to be quite content with that for now.


Aubree is such a Daddy's girl. Today Jeremy called me on his way home from work and when Aubree heard his voice she smiled and coo'd as if she was saying hi (no really, it sounded like she said hi). So I put the phone up to her ear so Jeremy could talk to her. She smiiiled and made little noises like she was talking back. It was so cute. My baby is a genius!! No really. I think babies are smarter than we give them credit for.

2 comments:

  1. I love to cook too. I would love to get some new recepies from you. Tim would love this one. Some of us Highland wives get together for playgroup now, we would love for you to come. What is your work schedule like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start work again on March 16th, then after that 8-4. You'll have to let me know when the next one is and I'll see if we can make it. Here's the recipe.

    1 pound ground beef
    4 large bell peppers, halved (green are my favorite)
    1 cup instant rice cooked
    1 cup corn
    2 cups salsa
    1 small can diced green chilies
    4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp cumin

    Brown the ground beef in a large skillet on Medium heat until it's no longer pink. Stir in the corn, salsa, green chilies, 1/4 cup water, salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin. Meanwhile, cook the instant rice in the microwave. Once done, add to the skillet and stir well. Cook for about 3 more minutes, until the mixture is no longer runny. Stir in 3 cups of cheese until melted. Then spoon the mixture into the halved bell peppers. In a seperate pan, warm 1 tsp olive oil on Medium High. Place the stuffed bell peppers in the pan and add 1/4 cup of water, then cover for about 5 minutes, or until the peppers are tender. Top the peppers with the remainder of the shredded cheese.

    ReplyDelete